1) Peel the tomatoes by making a cross, with a sharp knife, at the base, deep them in boiling water for 30 seconds aprox. or until you see the edges of the cross being lifted. Now pass them straight to a bowl of cold water,for another 30 seconds and you will see how easily they peel!
2) Cut tomatoes in quarters and liquidise them using a hand or kitchen robot.
3) Cut bread into pieces and add them into the liquidised tomatoes.
4) Chop the garlic and add it to the bread and tomato mixture. Add the pepper (chopped in small pieces) and the vinager now too.
5) Add in the olive oil and the salt, with the robot make the mixture as thing as possible. Taste if more salt needed.
6) Put in the fridge for a couple of hours and it will be ready to enjoy!
-The famous Salmorejo Cordobés is served with pieces, or slices, or hard boiled egg and a good iberian ham. If none available, parmeham can do.
-This starter is very similar to Gazpacho, but it is served in a bowl. It could be served as a light main dish if we opt for the Salmorejo Cordobés with egg and ham. Bread deeping is always enjoyable!