(Recommended for warm sunny days)
1) Wash and dry tomatoes, cucumber and pepper.
2) Cut bread and tomatoes in pieces and blend them with a hand blender.
3) Remove pips from pepper and cut into pieces. Peel garlic, cucumber and onion, cut them into pieces too and put them in blender with tomatoes and bread. Blend it all together. If you have a robot blender, you can also use it. Blend until there is no more vegetable pieces left and it becomes a thick soup.
4) Now add in the salt, the olive oil and 1 spoonful of vinegar. Blend for a few seconds, try it and adjust vinegar and salt to your like.
5) If you see the gazpacho is still too thick to drink from a glass, add cold water until you are happy with its consistency. If you find it too runny, add in a few more pieces of bread and blend.
– If you rather an even smoother gazpacho, you can peel the tomatoes easily by dipping them for 30 secs in a bowl with boiling water and then passing them over to a bowl with cold water. They will peel super easily and fast.
– This is definitely a summer starter. It’s super refreshing, filling and light in calories.
– It keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days, but bare in mind the garlic taste will became a little stronger every day that goes past.
– Serve cold and in a glass.