TIME: 15 mins + 40 mins in pressure cooker and 2 hours in pan (or casserole dish)
You need to leave the chickpeas in a bowl of water over night, before using them for this main course. Make sure the bowl is big enough and the water covers the chickpeas generously, as they will increase in size over night.
1) Heat up oil in pan (or directly in the pressure cooker) over medium heat and seal the beef cubes for 3-4 minute, turning 4-5 times, so it seals all sides of the beef cubes.
2) Remove first layer of the leeks, wash and cut into thick slices (1cms ish). Peel the carrots and cut into thick slices. Chop the Green Beans edges and cut into 2-3 pieces, depending of their length. Add in to the pan with the beef.
3) Boil a litre of water, dissolve both stock cubes in it. Now add in chickpeas, Chorizos (no need to cut it or peel it), Bacon cubes, Bone and cover with the stock boiling water.
Everything needs to be completely covered with the stock water. If not enough, just add more plain boiling water.
4) Finally, add the cumin powder and stir. Cover with lid and cook for adviced time(40 mins).
5) Open carefully, especially if using a pressure cooker (make sure the steam is out) and enjoy the smell!
Serve in deep dishes, after the whole dish has rested at least a couple of hours, but drain everything from the broth left (Do not serve the broth, leave it in the pan). Make sure every serving has a piece of chorizo, beef, bacon, vegetables and chick peas equally.
– Like most rich meat dishes, the longer it rests, the better it tastes. So, if you can cook this dish the previous day, even better!
– The broth left makes a wonderful starter for this dish, or a nice light warming drink any time of the day, served in a mug.
– This is a heavy dish, so, you should not need a starter with it. Just a green salad and some bread would do as side dishes.
– But, if you want to have an extra side dish, try to boil a green cabbage and drain once cooked . Shallow fry 3-4 chopped garlic cloves in olive oil, chop the cabbage in small pieces and add it to the frying pan with the garlic. Cook for 3-4 mins stirring at times. Great side dish!
– This dish also freezes well.